Upcoming Events & Educational programs
- Fri, Sep 29Marlene Meyerson JCC ManhattanSep 29, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PMMarlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave at 76th Street New York, NY 10023Sep 29, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PMMarlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave at 76th Street New York, NY 10023Join us for a behind-the-scenes experience featuring the "7.5 ways to see Israel" exhibit. In honor of Israel's 75th anniversary, this exhibit brings together unique perspectives of Israeli society through a camera lens.
- Sat, Sep 30RomemuSep 30, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PMRomemu, 176 W 105th St New York, NY 10025
- Mon, Oct 02Lincoln Square SynagogueOct 02, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMLincoln Square Synagogue, 180 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023, USA
- Tue, Oct 10Congregation Rodeph SholomOct 10, 7:00 PM – 8:15 PMCongregation Rodeph Sholom, 7 W 83rd St, New York, NY 10024, USAOct 10, 7:00 PM – 8:15 PMCongregation Rodeph Sholom, 7 W 83rd St, New York, NY 10024, USAIsraeli cinema grants us a window to different perspectives and diverse life experiences in Israeli society. Film can also be a mechanism to confront social challenges and highlight topics we fail to notice or discuss. Join Us for an evening of Israeli short films.
- Thu, Oct 19Marlene Meyerson JCC ManhattanOct 19, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMMarlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave at 76th Street New York, NY 10023Oct 19, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMMarlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave at 76th Street New York, NY 10023The Yom Kippur War, which took place from Oct 6–25, 1973, is considered Israel's most influential war. At this special event, we will discuss its implications for Israeli society, national morale, and politics.
- Time is TBDMarlene Meyerson JCCTime is TBDMarlene Meyerson JCC, 334 Amsterdam Ave at, W 76th St, New York, NY 10023, USATime is TBDMarlene Meyerson JCC, 334 Amsterdam Ave at, W 76th St, New York, NY 10023, USAA CURRENT AFFAIRS DISCUSSION GROUP: If you’re interested in Israel’s politics and current events, join us for a lively discussion led by Gali Rabin, the Jewish Agency’s Shlicha (emissary) from Israel to the UWS. Join us for one session or all.
- Time is TBDvia ZoomTime is TBDvia ZoomTime is TBDvia ZoomA weekly opportunity to engage in Hebrew, discuss different current events, discover and learn more about the language, and hear and speak in Hebrew. Led by the UWS Shlicha, Gali Rabin. Every Monday at 7pm (via zoom and once a month in-person) Contact us for more information at email@example.com
The Jewish Agency provides the global framework for Aliyah, ensure global Jewish safety, strengthens Jewish identity and connects Jews to Israel and one another, and conveys the voice of Jewish people to the State of Israel to help shape its society.
In the UWS, together with our UJA partners, we offer different educational programs and events tailor made to Communities, Schools, Synagogues and Congregations.
The Jewish Agency for Israel UWS Mission
Different ways to see Israel
The Upper West Side will focus on education and connection to Israel through a range of stories, individuals and initiatives representing Israel’s diverse and democratic society.
Our programs will offer different angles to see Israel: home; diversity; achievements; “justice justice you shall pursue” (tzedek, tzedek tirdof); “out of the box;” “not perfect, but beautiful;” shared journey/destination; “between NYC and Israel”; and much more..
We hope you'll join us!